A mid20 game of a dark future
Tech Noir originally started out as a
conversion of Cyberpunk 2020 to the D20 system.
As time progressed, I realized that 1) I think
I've got a pretty good idea here and 2) D&D
3e wasn't what I was going for. So, it's become
OGL (not D20 licensed), and many significant
changes have been made to the core system since
I started work on it.
The last "finished" version I
have done is Version
2.5. Features of this version:
- mid20 core die mechanic
- 5 core classes
- reworked stat/HP system
- grim 'n' gritty combat and firearms rules (thanks Ken Hood)
- reworked karma/XP system
Currently, I'm rewriting it mostly from
scratch again. I'm not sure I'll ever be
happy with it, but here's what I have in store
for version 3.0:
- classless character creation and progression
- Traveller D20 style lifepath character creation
- actually finished cyberware system
- actually finished netrunning system
- I never got around to finishing these before the last Great Rewrite
Looking for a different game?
This game has nothing to do with the quite excellent recently-published RPG of the same name, which you can read about over here. Other than genre, loosely, there is really nothing in common between the two. And I apologize, but our Tech Noir was abandoned before v3 ever got to a readable state, many years ago*, so v2.5 is almost certainly the last version.
* To give you an idea of how many years ago, I believe v3 was the first version to post-date other cyberpunk-genre D20 System books.